Wednesday, 9 July 2014

UTM Entrpreneur convention. (22nd-25thJune 2014)

Hey there. Here's the update on the convention I went last month, right after my 4th semester. It might be a bit outdated but I've truly enjoyed myself there so I'm more than happy to share my experience. 


 My juniors and I

Basically, each university in Malaysia were suppose to send 3 representatives to the convention at UTM, Skudai, Johor. 2 of my juniors together with me was somehow the chosen one (not really, I volunteered myself). ^.^ We were quite late actually where we departed from Terengganu to Johor at 9am on the 22nd of June. It took us about 7 hours to reach UTM with the Perdana. 

Our beautiful hostel at Kolej Datin Seri Endon.


The wonderful clouds at UTM acknowledging us ;)


The 1st day there we had some group discussion and ice breaking session. The outcome of attendance was quite sad since not many universities participated. However, the convention was continued with full enthusiasm.

ice-breaking session



Second day is where we learned some knowledge from successful entrpreneurs. Later at night we learned the business model canvas. On the third day, we presented our business model canvas in a group and later in the evening we went to the mushroom house. Barbeque session rolled on that night. we had so much joy and laughter from the games they've prepared. 




On the last day, we listened to an informal forum given by several people. And we ended the day by saying farewell to all of them. I've learned so much that I came to an awe on how far these people have achieved. The participants came from different kind of backgrounds. Successful entrepreneurs. I meant it. Really successful. They started from nothing at all to millionaires. There was sandwich business, travel agents, mushroom business and many more. They went through ups and downs of life at a very young age. I'm amazed. Sincerely. And what have I actually done in entrepreneur field.  Nothing yet though. I've enjoyed everyone's presence. Thank you again Majlis Perwakilan Mahasiswa (MPM) UTM 2013/2014. Wishing everyone the very best. and I'm hoping to get into business soon. 

And the most important thing they've shared is to do what you love and do it right now. Never procrastinate. Or you'll never achieve. I guess that's all for the latest event I participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment